[asterisk-users] Asterisk Autodialer

Pascal Bruno tipascal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:15:00 CDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>wrote:

> With enough spiritual commitment, anything can be done;  you certainly
> *can* do it this way.  You can write a fairly sophisticated dialer in
> Bash, too.
>
> The issue is whether it is methodologically correct and qualitatively
> appropriate.  It is much easier to schedule calls and manage outcomes
> dynamically - such as highly granular agent stats informed by
> up-to-the-minute heuristics, or aggressive overdial ratio control - with
> real-time monitoring of both call initiation and call results via AMI.
>
> It's a question of ROI on your time.  You can do it however you want,
> especially if you're really motivated to avoid a particular type of
> development chore.

What you are saying makes sense, but I haven't used AMI for anything yet, so
I cannot comment on how easy/reliable/stable it is do work with in terms of
developing an autodialer, but I just did not agree when you said it was
definitely the way to go, because there is not one way to go.  The one I
did, using call files to dial was pretty reliable, and I you are able to
distribute the calls different servers using the interface.