[asterisk-users] Incoming caller presentation doesn't work - out of ideas

Johan Sandgren jsa at svep.se
Fri Aug 21 09:16:06 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm calling asterisk with a swedish PSTN-phone line  with caller presentation (DTMF) activated.
I'm using asterisk 1.4.20.1 and cannot upgrade unfortunately, so I have to stay with this release.
I use a TDM800P 8 channel PSTN card working as answering phones (I connect a phoneline with carrier signal to my TDM-card).
Using zaptel-1.4.12.1.

I verified that the DTMF tones of the number is really sent on the PSTN by connecting a number presentation box between.
I see the incoming number when I dial into asterisk.
But Asterisk never gets any number.

I tried disconnect the number presentation box so it would not eat the incoming number, that was one of my error tracking ideas.
Still without this and the PSTN-line going directly to a Zap channel, asterisk doesn't get any info. (TDM800P)

I checked the logs of asterisk with full debug and verbose, still no sign of anything like detecting an incoming telephone number either.
I have no idea why asterisk doesn't get it "the incoming phone number".
Maybe the zaptel doesn't do it's job? I don't know what part to check up on.

Maybe an option in some conf-file could be wrong?
Or the digium drivers for my TDM400P card is not supporting the swedish DTMF-tones as incoming number?
I'm using

Ideas?

/Johan

Johan Sandgren