[asterisk-users] Problems with pstn cards

Joan Antoni Terre nebheru at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 05:17:17 CDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I've found where the problem was. The A400E card had no FXS/FXO module,
well, in fact it had 2 FXS (I asked 2 FXO but the vendor sent me the card
with 2 FXS and I didn't realize) but I didn't supply external power to the
A400E so for the system it had no module.

So if you ever find an error like:
 wctdm: probe of 0000:0a:00.0 failed with error -5

it means that the A400, or whatever analog card, have no FXS/FXO module, or
is not correctly powered.

Regards