[asterisk-users] Problems with pstn cards

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:38:15 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Joan Antoni Terre<nebheru at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding the “wctdm-“ in dahdi_hardware output, I’ve found the following
> error at “dmesg”:
>
> wctdm: probe of 0000:0a:00.0 failed with error -5
>
> This A400E is a PCI Express card and I’ve tried to plug it in all 3 PCI
> Express slots my server have (HP ML 110 G5) having the same problems. I’ve
> even changed the card itself but still the same.
>

> Any idea on where the problem is? Does anybody knows what this error in
> “dmesg” means? Could this problem affect B410P board (I suppose that no, but
> just to be sure)?

No, no idea what the problem is.
No, I don't know what that error means.
I don't know whether the problem could affect the B410P board.

Have you ever successfully used this particular kind of card in your
particular system? You could have something totally wacky going on
with firmware version conflict, IRQ conflict, etc.

You can usually get more output from the dahdi load by passing
arguments to the kernel module, like 'debug', etc. You can also try a
series of older versions of dahdi to see if you can get the card
working.

You could also have a dead card. I would ask the vendor for support
and see what they suggest. I've used multiple Digium-branded PCI /
PCI-e cards in my Dell systems and haven't had problems with the cards
getting detected.