[asterisk-users] mysql sip realtime

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 09:02:50 CDT 2009

harry R wrote:

>     All generic parameters are still taken from sip.conf and you must set
>     rtcachefriends=yes
>
>     If you change anything in your mysql sip table you do not need to
>     reload
>     the modue, what you need to do is
>     sip prune realtime <peername>
>     from the CLI
>
>     As stated previously, you should never have to reload the sip module
>     once realtime is working properly
>

> I try CLI command sip prune realtime <peer name> and my peer infos was
> perfectly updated when I do sip show <peer name> but have you any idea
> of how I can do that automatically ?
How are you updating your sip table? Are you doing it manually or have
you built an interface for it? If you have built an interface you can do
the sip prune realtime by using the AMI
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+manager+API), that's what
we do here. If you're updating the table manually then what differerence
does it really make to do the realtime pruning automatically?

> I read chapter below on
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RealTime+Sip.
> 1) Do anyone knows what exactly what delay is ?
> 2) It seems that you need to reload module in some cases or maybe I
> misunderstand what he want to say ?
The only time you'll have to do a sip reload is if your changing any
global setting. On the whole you do not want to be doing sip reloads as
it's clear your sip realtime cache