[asterisk-users] Newbie: How to copy track from CD for MOH without getting "Junk at beginning of frame ..."

Eric Fort eric.fort at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 19:57:26 CDT 2009

Probably none of the ones you list, though I believe wav files are
uncompressed.  Use SOX http://sox.sourceforge.net/ under Linux, Windows or
OSX and RIP/Convert the files to match the codec you are using for calls.
 If you are accepting calls that use the GSM codec then have a set of MOH
files encoded as .gsm, if you are accepting calls that use the g.723 codec
then encode your MOH files as g.723, if using speex, use speex, etc...  use
files already encoded in the formats in which you originate and terminate
calls.  That way the processor isn't repeating the process of transcoding on
every call!
Eric Fort
FortConsulting