[asterisk-users] * 1.4 -> 1.6, zaptel -> dahdi

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Aug 19 11:53:07 CDT 2009

I'm a 1.2 Luddite, but...

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Greg Woods wrote:

> What I want is a guide for how to convert from 1.4 with zaptel to 1.6
> with dahdi.

If you didn't find it on voip-info.org, please start an article.

> All the recent kernel vulnerabilities are forcing me to upgrade my home
> server from no-longer-supported Fedora 8 up to Fedora 11, and that means
> upgrading asterisk as well.

Not to start a flame war, but I'm very happy with CentOS 5.3.

Any particular reason you can't compile 1.4 on F11?

> This also means a translation from extensions.conf to AEL.

Really? AEL is "compiled" by pbx_ael.so into plain old extensions.conf
style dialplan. When was extensions.conf deprecated? Did I miss the memo?

--
Thanks in advance,