[asterisk-users] Zaptel -> DAHDI: now echo

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Wed Aug 19 10:52:14 CDT 2009

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Dave Fullerton wrote:
>
>>> The dahdi_scan tool will tell you whether hardware echocans are present
>>> or not, among other methods.
>>>
>> I tried that, but I didn't see anything that specified whether the echo
>> canceller was present. Here's the output, can you tell me what I should
>> be looking for?
>>
>> root at srv210394:~# dahdi_scan
>> [1]
>> active=yes
>> alarms=OK
>> description=T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1
>> name=TE2/0/1
>> manufacturer=Digium
>> devicetype=Wildcard TE220 (4th Gen)
>
> It would show up in the 'devicetype' line, which should end with 'with
> VPM400M', 'with VPMOCT064' or 'with VPMOCT128' in the case of a
> dual/quad span card, depending on which module is attached.

I guess I just found a bug then, because the card above is a TE220B.
Here's a portion of the dmesg output:

wct4xxp 0000:02:08.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
Found TE2XXP at base address dfcfff80, remapped to f8872f80
TE2XXP version c01a016c, burst ON
Octasic optimized!
FALC version: 00000005, Board ID: 00
Reg 0: 0x35b55400
Reg 1: 0x35b55000
Reg 2: 0x00000000
Reg 3: 0x00000000
Reg 4: 0x0000ff01
Reg 5: 0x00000000
Reg 6: 0xc01a016c
Reg 7: 0x00001000
Reg 8: 0x00000000
Reg 9: 0x00ff00ff
Reg 10: 0x0000004a
TE2XXP: Launching card: 0
TE2XXP: Setting up global serial parameters
Found a Wildcard: Wildcard TE220 (4th Gen)

About to enter spanconfig!
Done with spanconfig!
dahdi: Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
About to enter startup!
TE2XXP: Span 1 configured for ESF/B8ZS
wct2xxp: Setting yellow alarm on span 1
timing source auto card 0!
VPM400: Not Present
timing source auto card 0!
firmware: requesting dahdi-fw-oct6114-064.bin
VPM450: echo cancellation for 64 channels
VPM450: hardware DTMF disabled.
VPM450: Present and operational servicing 2 span(s)
Completed startup!

-Dave