[asterisk-users] Newbie: How to copy track from CD for MOH without getting "Junk at beginning of frame ..."

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Wed Aug 19 02:35:47 CDT 2009

I was copying tracks from CD into mp3 files so that I could use it in
Asterisk 1.4.21.2 MOH.  (BTW, I have already secured proper license to
play MOH to callers.)
I used MS Media Player version 11 and rip it at 128kbps (smallest) but
whenever I listen to MOH, I saw the following message on the Asterisk
console.

WARNING[20829]: mp3/interface.c:215 decodeMP3: Junk at the beginning of
frame 49443303

I tried it with different bit rate (320 kbps) and the same error message
appeared.

I used the following musiconhold.conf

[classical]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh/classical
random=yes

Are there any Asterisk+Audio expert that can offer me some advice?