[asterisk-users] Multi operator platform Asterisk {manage}

ABBAS SHAKEEL shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 23:51:53 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, ABBAS SHAKEEL wrote:
>
> > Please let me know. If we need to configure Asterisk for multi operator
> > platform (You can consider it as four or five asterisk servers are
> > placed at different geological locations)
> >
> > Suppose if need a change in logic of call flow . Then we need to upgrade
> > all the servers manually ... this is very tedious and error prone
> > process.
>
> Actually, it can be quite simple and maintainable.
>
> I use rsync to maintain my configuration, source, script, crontab and
> sound files across several servers in separate geographic location. The
> files are distributed to a directory tree that mirrors my development
> system.
>
> I use preprocessor.pl from the Mozilla project to customize configuration,
> script and crontab files. The customization process inserts database
> credentials and manages host specific differences.
>
> I invoke this process using "make rsync" to distribute the files and then
> "make config" to customize the files and move them to the correct
> locations with the correct ownership and permissions.
>
> This way, I can manage everything from one location with a minimum of
> duplication, distribute large and slow updates without affecting
> production then roll the update out quickly.
>
> I like the "autonomy" of this system. While some systems depend on MySQL
> databases local to their datacenter, no system is dependent on any
> resource outside of its datacenter.
>
> Periodically, the "reporting database server" sucks CDRs and other data
> out of the remote "production database servers" so reporting reflects
> activity of all of the servers.
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve Edwards       sedwards at sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST
> Newline                                              Fax: +1-760-731-3000

Thank you very much Steve for this value able info .

Rsync looks really great !

How you are get CDR records etc from the remote servers for reporting
purpose .....
I was thinking to have one centralized database ? but your comments let me
think about distributed database ?
What will the best way to do that ?

--
Best Regards