[asterisk-users] Asterisk Realtime : use different family names family => mysql, database, table

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Tue Aug 18 15:10:31 CDT 2009

Could one use different family-names in the Asterisk Realtime
Architecture ??

Suppose I have 3 SIP-accounts, where incoming conversations al come into
a different [context].

Now I want to put the detail of the context into a mysql database.

So I was thinking :

[family] => mysql,[database],[table]
extensions_sip1 => mysql,asterisk,sip1
extensions_sip2 => mysql,asterisk,sip2
extensions_sip3 => mysql,asterisk,sip3

Then in extensions.conf I have :

[sip1_context]
switch => Realtime/sip1_context at extensions_sip1

[sip2_context]
switch => Realtime/sip2_context at extensions_sip2

[sip3_context]
switch => Realtime/sip3_context at extensions_sip3

So now I have 1 database : Asterisk. With 3 different tables who each
contain a [context] as a part of my dialplan.

Why would I do this ??

In a webGUI (php+mysql) I can let the account sip1 change its dialplan,
without interfering with other contexts. Account sip1 just reads and
writes in table sip1.
Account sip2 just edits table sip2 and account sip3 just edits his
dialplan in table sip3.

To have these parts of the dialplan split up into different parts in
different mysql-tables, I need to define different family names.

So again my question : Could one use different family-names in the
Asterisk Realtime Architecture ??

Greetingz,
Jonas Kellens.