[asterisk-users] Get SS7 Hangup Code as Asterisk variable.

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Aug 18 10:04:20 CDT 2009

If you make your call files use a context, instead of a number, HANGUPCAUSE
will be available to you.  For example, let's say your call file now does
this:
Channel: DAHDI/2/ww12054918802
CallerID: SIP/104
MaxRetries: 1
WaitTime: 45
retryTime: 5
Application: record
Data: /tmp/DADHI2.wav

This calls a telco tone number and records into a file until asterisk is
restarted or the line is killed.  This example does the same thing but only
records for 20 seconds
Channel: DAHDI/2/ww12054918802
CallerID: SIP/104
MaxRetries: 1
WaitTime: 60
retryTime: 5
Set: ARG1=/tmp/test-2c.wav
Set: ARG2=8
Context: recordit
Extension: 104
You could make ARG3 be the number to call and make channel be LOCAL/1.