[asterisk-users] Get SS7 Hangup Code as Asterisk variable.

Unni unni2003 at mailup.net
Tue Aug 18 09:55:53 CDT 2009

I'm making outbound calls by placing call files in the asterisk outgoing
directory. At times, the call would be hung by SS7 without even
attempting (due to error in the outgoing number). I get the following on
console:

    -- Attempting call on ss7/9297210213 for s at croom:1 (Retry 1)
    -- Sent IAM CIC=22   ANI=9134904821 DNI=9297210213 RNI=
    -- SS7 hangup 'SS7/callserver/22' CIC=22 Cause=31 (state=7)

When a user actually hangs up without picking the phone, the SS7 Cause
code is 19. I need is to record the SS7 Cause code in my CDR to
differentiate between normal hangup and other issues.

Is there a variable that I can use? I tried DIALSTATUS and HANGUPCAUSE -
but both are to be used after a Dial() inside a dialplan.

Thanks for your time.
Unni
--
  Unni