[asterisk-users] Paging with Pickup

Asaf Ben Aroch ab at franticllc.com
Tue Aug 18 07:29:33 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve the following feature that's common in Avaya
systems:

A user page all extensions in a full duplex mode- he can hear all, and
all can hear him via their phones' speaker. When one of the extensions
picks up the handset, the call is bridged between the pager and the
person who picked up. All the rest are disconnected.

Does anyone have an idea or ever implemented such behavior? I was
thinking about adding an extra step for the picking up user to dial **
and do a dynamic feature that will run a script to kick all the rest
from the Meetme of the Page().

Thoughts?