[asterisk-users] Skype for Asterisk???

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Aug 18 05:23:47 CDT 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Geraint Lee wrote:

> Good luck with the N95... my experiences of the N95 and SIP haven't been
> great... the phone likes to restart... regularly. Nokia may well have fixed
> these glitches by now though. Getting it configured was a bit of a mission
> too... and as expected the battery life shoots down when it's enabled...
> so... again... good luck, and hope that nokia have fixed all those issues :p
> saying that though, to be fair, it did work most of the time, just had to
> put up with annoying restarts, sometimes at very inconvenient times... like
> when the phone rang.

I've used the SIP + Wi-Fi client on my Nokia E90 with a good degree of
success - it would only be for fun use I guess with my wifes phone (We
have DECT all over the house, so no real need).

> As for skype, I can see how it could be useful, I've worked with a few
> developers who's choice of communication method has been skype (I hate it
> myself though!), so being able to let them call a skype number and have it
> direct to a real phone would be quite useful.

I've had a few customer ask for it - wanting to use their desk phone to
call Skype numbers... "it's all voip, isn't it?" ... So who knows. Bet
they don't want to pay for it!!!

Gordon