[asterisk-users] OT - Using new Asterisk calendars features

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Sun Aug 16 09:03:07 CDT 2009

> hello,
>
> In last november was reviewed and committed code that enabled
> Asterisk to read from or write to iCal, CalDAV and Exchange calendars.
>
> 1. Has anyone successfully used this feature with an Exchange
> server ? Is it easy to create an Exchange login allowing Asterisk to
> query and change data from several Exchange user accounts (without
> knowing any user password) (I don't have any Exchange server at hand
> at the moement so I can't test anything myself) ?

The only way that Exchange works right now is if it is Exchange Server
2003 and authentication is done through HTTP authentication as opposed
to forms-based authentication.

> 2. Which library of any kind would help easily develop a server
> program that would read all Exchange's user calendars for scheduled
> tasks and then trigger specific actions in Asterisk ?
> Using AMI, the later part (trigger Asterisk actions) should be easy
> but how do you query Exchange's user calendars data ?
> What I would like to do is, for instance, to easily tell Asterisk to
> stop forwarding incoming calls to my cellphone after 8 pm next
> monday and let them reach my voicemail instead.
> I would like to be able to see this scheduled task in Outlook and to
> trigger an event even if my PC is turned off.
> I saw a Reminder feature exists in Outlook but is it possible to tie
> a custom server program to it ?

You don't need anything extra.  The Calendaring system handles
notifications as well, you just need to set a context/extension or
application/appdata in the config file.  See the calendaring
documentation in the doc/ directory and the sample calendar.conf.