[asterisk-users] OT - Using new Asterisk calendars features

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat Aug 15 07:30:35 CDT 2009

hello,

In last november was reviewed and committed code that enabled Asterisk to
read from or write to iCal, CalDAV and Exchange calendars.

1. Has anyone successfully used this feature with an Exchange server ? Is it
easy to create an Exchange login allowing Asterisk to query and change data
from several Exchange user accounts (without knowing any user password) (I
don't have any Exchange server at hand at the moement so I can't test
anything myself) ?

2. Which library of any kind would help easily develop a server program that
would read all Exchange's user calendars for scheduled tasks and then
trigger specific actions in Asterisk ?
Using AMI, the later part (trigger Asterisk actions) should be easy but how
do you query Exchange's user calendars data ?
What I would like to do is, for instance, to easily tell Asterisk to stop
forwarding incoming calls to my cellphone after 8 pm next monday and let
them reach my voicemail instead.
I would like to be able to see this scheduled task in Outlook and to trigger
an event even if my PC is turned off.
I saw a Reminder feature exists in Outlook but is it possible to tie a
custom server program to it ?

Outlook <=====> Exchange ----------> Custom server program

or

Outlook <=====> Exchange <=====> Custom server program

Basically, I would prefer my server program to query Exchange and remain as
much as possible, independant from Exchange internal mechanisms.

Regards