[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 Multiline phone

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Tue Aug 11 20:16:07 CDT 2009

With that phone what you really probably want to do is just configure them
all with the same details...

i.e.

# Line 1 appearance
line1_name: "incoming"
line1_shortname: "Incoming (Line1)"
line1_authname: "incoming"
line1_password: "password"

# Line 2 appearance
line2_name: "incoming"
line2_shortname: "Incoming (Line2)"
line2_authname: "incoming"
line2_password: "password"

# Line 3 appearance
line3_name: "incoming"
line3_shortname: "incoming (Line3)"
line3_authname: "incoming"
line3_password: "password"

# Line 4 appearance
line4_name: "incoming"
line4_shortname: "Incoming (Line4)"
line4_authname: "incoming"
line4_password: "password"

# Line 5 appearance
line5_name: "incoming"
line5_shortname: "incoming (Line5)"
line5_authname: "incoming"
line5_password: "password"

# Line 6 appearance
line5_name: "102"
line5_shortname: "Ext. 102 (Line1)"
line5_authname: "102"
line5_password: "password"

in the phone config file...

Then, in extensions.conf

exten => workhours,1,Dial(SIP/incoming)
exten => workhours,n,Voicemail(100,u)

The phone will only actually register multiple times for 'incoming' though
asterisk just handles that and calls to 'incoming' will come through on the
lowest available line and show as call waiting with an 'Answer' soft key
allowing the next call to be answered placing the current call on hold...

Seems to be exactly what you want...