[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 Multiline phone

Jimmy Ezell jezell at hmhca.com
Tue Aug 11 14:05:13 CDT 2009

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate the feedback.

I tried ringing them all at the same time as you suggested:

exten =>
workhours,1,Dial(SIP/incomming1&SIP/incomming2&SIP/incomming3&SIP/incomm
ing4&SIP/incomming5)

but it does very strange stuff:

- I have to push the extension button twice to answer.

- More then one extension shows off hook at the same time (Maybe 2 or 3
of the 5 will show off hook on the phone)

- When I hang up the phone starts to ring again even though there is no
caller

I tried ringing them in order:
exten => workhours,1,Dial(SIP/incomming1,5,r)
exten => workhours,n,Dial(SIP/incomming2,5,r)
exten => workhours,n,Dial(SIP/incomming3,5,r)
exten => workhours,n,Dial(SIP/incomming4,5,r)
exten => workhours,n,Dial(SIP/incomming5,5,r)

exten => workhours,n,Macro(voicemail,100)

Now I see the call march along each of the extensions until it gets to
the end goes to voice mail.

What I really want is for the call to go to only one of the unused lines
and then fall straight through to voicemail after the timeout.
Anyone have some thoughts on getting it to work that way?