[asterisk-users] Setting up Outgoing Trunk

Faheem faheem_imt at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 02:50:44 CDT 2009

Hey here are the sample configuration. Create a trunk in sip.conf file, add a registry string.

Registry String.
register=> user1:password at anysipprovider.com:5060

[user1]
type=peer
host=anysipprovider.com
port=5060
context=default
country=us
dtmfmode=rfc2833
restrictcid=no
canreinvite=yes
insecure=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
allow=gsm
promiscredir=yes
t38_udptl=yes
qualify=25000
nat=yes

When u done that, reload sip.
"sip reload "

To verify it's correct: do these  in the asterisk CLI
"sip show peer user"
"sip show registry"

Muhammad Faheem  Software Engineer
AXVoice Inc,