[asterisk-users] Setting up Outgoing Trunk

Brandon B. brandon at brellsystems.com
Mon Aug 10 11:35:11 CDT 2009

Assuming you are configuring your Asterisk using the configuration
files -- if you want the caller ID on phone calls between users to be
the same as the caller id on calls made with the trunk lines, set the
external caller id information for the users in sip.conf (i.e.
callerid=<9995551212>) or to simply change the caller id information
for calls made on the trunk lines, modify the extensions.conf file by
inserting something like the following line before the Dial command.
An example:

[outgoing-calls-context]
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=${EXTCALLERID})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})

The problem here is that if you are using text files for configuration
you are should know this, so this advice is either almost redundant or
not helpful. What kind of Asterisk GUI tool are you using?