[asterisk-users] SNOM Phones Displays NR Frequently

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Sat Aug 8 11:41:10 CDT 2009

> First things first.  You are running /very/ old versions of firmware -
> particularly on the 300 and 320.  Upgrade them.  I've been running
> 7.3.14 for some time without a problem, though it appears that 7.3.23 is
> now out.

I concur about upgrading the software, but I'd stick with 7.3.14 for now - at least until there's more feedback on stability of .23 and .24.

On the OP's original question, I have noticed Snoms (of any version) aren't very good at handling DNS failure - they tend to cache DNS lookup failure almost indefinitely. If DNS lookups to your registrar occasionally fail, you might want to specify registrar via IP rather than by name.

Regards,

Chris
--
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it