[asterisk-users] SNOM Phones Displays NR Frequently

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat Aug 1 20:46:15 CDT 2009

oi geli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using SNOM phones with Asterisks for few years. They used go occasionaly NR, and I would reregister them from the phone web interface. But it started doing frequently for last few months.
> Here are SNOM Phone and the firmware version;
>
> snom190-SIP - Version-Code: snom190-SIP 3.56m
>
> snom320-SIP - snom320 jffs2 v3.36
>
> snom300-SIP - snom300-SIP 6.5.2
>
> Asterisk version - Asterisk CVS-01/29/04-16:41:27
>
> I would appreciate any help to fix the NR problem.

First things first.  You are running /very/ old versions of firmware -
particularly on the 300 and 320.  Upgrade them.  I've been running
7.3.14 for some time without a problem, though it appears that 7.3.23 is
now out.

Secondly, your version of Asterisk is not a stable release and it is
ancient.  Upgrade it to a stable release - and it would probably be
worth the effort to migrate to at least 1.2, if not 1.4.