[asterisk-users] DeadAgi application not exiting

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Aug 8 11:16:58 CDT 2009

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Max Alex wrote:

> Actually the scripts which are set to run to the hangup of channels,
> which is originated for sending fax. We are trying to get the answer
> time, duration of fax on hangup of that channels, but the script becomes
> stuck and we need to restart the asterisk and also we are not getting
> any output of script as it is stuck.

Let's start with:

1) Posting to the correct list. This sounds like a -users question, not a
-dev question. (If it doesn't involve changing the C source code of
Asterisk, it's a -users question.)

2) A "meaningful" subject. I suspect users have more than 1 "issue" with
deadagi(). How about "DeadAGI application not exiting?"

The purpose of 1 & 2 are twofold: to help you get an answer and to help
the "next" guy when he is searching the archives to see if anyone else has
had this issue and resolution. You did search the archives didn't you?

3) What version of Asterisk?

4) What language and version is your script written in?

5) Who's AGI library are you using?

6) What have you tried that failed to resolve your issue?

7) What have you done to collect useful information?

The "agi debug" command (I'm a 1.2 Luddite) can be very helpful.

8) Is your script starting?

9) Where in your script is it getting "stuck?"

10) Are you violating the AGI protocol?

Do you actually have to stop Asterisk? What happens if you "kill
-[1|9|15]" the process running your script.

--
Thanks in advance,