[asterisk-users] caller id problem

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Fri Aug 7 13:00:07 CDT 2009

Yes, the issue(s) is/are:

1. The VOIP provider may be masking the callerID for their own cost
allocation reasons.  That is some of the issue.

2. Your Asterisk box may forward some of the regular phone line calls with
their caller ID.

3. Somehow, the number you want to use may leak through sometimes. :-)

What you need to do is put in a simple, absolute "CallerID(num) =
3216540987" type of statement before sending the call out. Make it apply to
every call no matter what.

That isn't the syntax but you get the idea. Of course you won't have true
caller ID then, but do you want "cheap" or "real"?

Cary Fitch