[asterisk-users] sip.conf parameter and sip msg between server <-> client

harry R rhm.noa101 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:32:24 CDT 2009

Hello

I have few questions :
- what's the difference between a subscribe request et a register request ?
- in asterisk 1.6 allowguest=yes or no param does it work ? if yes, please
someone could explain how doest it work because I think i'm a little bit
confuse.

- if I configure a sip terminal in sip.conf like this
[john]
type=friend
username=JOHN
secret=mypassword
host=dynamic
context=default

these affirmations are right or wrong :
a) 'john' and 'mypassword' are variables which are used when I want to
"connect" my softphone or phone to Asterisk server (register request) AND
when I initiate a call (invite request)?
b) 'dynamic' mean that [john] will be automatically registred to Asterisk
server and 'qualify=yes' parameter may not be necessary ?
c) in your softphone setting (here i use xlite), parameter 'username' must
be the same as parameter 'username' in sip.conf ?
d) in you softphone setting (here i use xlite), parameter 'Authorization
username' must be the same as parameter [john] in sip.conf ?
e) instead of using 'dynamic' for parameter 'host', if I use @IP or a
hostname or FQDN, parameter qualify must set to' yes' or to '2000' in order
to Asterisk server can know when [john] is reachable ?

regards

H.