[asterisk-users] Server linux requirements

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Tue Aug 4 17:57:52 CDT 2009

Edwin Quijada escribió:
> It depends about your traffic.
>  But myabe and I guess Core 2Duo 4Gb ram , Sata 160Gb
> +_

It's pretty well known that asterisk is CPU intensive, not RAM
intensive. It think 4GB is much more than enough. BTW, if your asterisk
is consuming more than 150-200MB of RAM and growing... suspect of memory
leaks. I once read on this list than seeing 500MB of memory usage for an
asterisk instance is *huge*.

On the other hand, the multithreaded but monolithic asterisk design
leads to a multi core CPU to be utilized only when the other ones are
full 100% used.

Regards,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina