[asterisk-users] Message Waiting Indicator on DAHDI line

Mike asterisk-users at norgie.net
Tue Aug 4 12:32:32 CDT 2009

Folks,

I have recently installed Asterisk 1.6.1.1.  I have two PSTN lines
connected to a TDM400 and two VoIP lines using SIP.  I have a CISCO 7940
using SIP as my desk phone.  Calling any of the four lines should ring
the desk phone.  This works fine, except that when ringing the PSTN
lines, it activates the MWI on the 7940.  I can see this happening on
the console:

[Aug  4 16:48:47] NOTICE[2964]: chan_dahdi.c:7669 ss_thread: MWI:
Channel 3 message waiting!

Looking at the offending piece of code, it seems to suggest from the
comment that it is getting the MWI from the CLID.

/* If the CID had Message waiting payload, assume that this for MWI only
and hangup the call */
if (flags & CID_MSGWAITING) {
  ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "MWI: Channel %d message waiting!\n", p->channel);
  notify_message(p->mailbox, 1);
  /* If generated using Ring Pulse Alert, then ring has been answered as
  a call and needs to be hungup */
  if (p->mwimonitor_rpas) {
     ast_hangup(chan);
     return NULL;
  }
}

I have set "usecallerid=no" on both interfaces and globally but I still
cannot get it to stop.

I have failed to turn anything up on Google regarding this.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Mike.