[asterisk-users] Need case study for Open Source presentation

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Tue Aug 4 10:44:24 CDT 2009

Hi there,

I have been asked by a industry group of University educators & leaders
to present a session to them at an upcoming conference on Open Source
philosophies.  I've pretty much completed my presentation outline and
notes, and I'd like to include any case studies regarding the benefits
(both financial and flexibility) that any medium to large organization
may have experienced with using open source technologies.

I have case studies for areas such as databases and web applications.
What would really be ideal is if someone who has completed a relatively
large scale Asterisk deployment could share some time with me to explain
how it went, and now that they are using Asterisk what benefits their
organization is experiencing from it.  It would be even better if the
organization was a university, college, or some member of the education
industry, but that is not absolutely critical.

If anyone has such a 'war story' that they are willing to share with me,
and I can keep as much of it anonymous as possible (although I'd really
like to cite the organization name that they are referring to for
credibility), please feel free to email me off-list at myles at techsol.org

I'll do my utmost to keep as much information private if you require it,
but it would really help me 'evangelize' Asterisk into some very large
and prestigious educational institutions (worldwide) who will be at this
annual conference I am speaking at.

Thanks and I look forward to any responses.

Myles
--
Myles Wakeham