[asterisk-users] Broadvoice versus Asterisk 1.4.25.1 and 1.4.26

Andy Valencia ajv-593-869-0750 at vsta.org
Sat Aug 1 19:01:19 CDT 2009

---------------
Hi,

I got hit with a funny one today; my configuration, which had been
running fine for many weeks, suddenly stopped registering with
Broadvoice's SIP.  I switched among BV SIP hosts, verified my account
was OK, even tried upgrading Asterisk.  The weird thing was that I could
associate OK with my WiFi SIP phone.  So it looked like an Asterisk-
specific SIP interoperability problem.

I played with a lot of stuff, and ended up finding that enabling
"qualify=yes" (my PBX isn't behind a NAT and thus doesn't need to keep
NAT state warm) seems to make the REGISTER work.  At least, changing
that config element and then "sip reload" got my BV peering back.
I'll send a note if I find out anything else.  And I'd certainly like
to hear from any other BV users who might have seen a recent change.

Andy Valencia