[asterisk-users] US Caller ID

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Wed Apr 29 16:29:49 CDT 2009

Okay, I can't find what might be causing this.  Here is what I got:

Asterisk server hooked up to a digital T1 line (full 24-channel) via a
Digium card.
Verizon has turned on caller ID on the first line (I can guarantee it
is on as I can hear the FSK tones on this line but not the others).
Using zttool an ZapScan() I have determined the following:

1) The RxB/RxD bits toggle from 1 to 0 signaling a ring.
2) A short time later, via ZapScan() I can hear the FSK tone.
3) About the same time I hear the FSK tone I see the "Starting simple
switch" line in the Asterisk console.
4) Next I see the second ring trigger in zttool and then Asterisk say
"ss_thread: Got event 18 (Ring Begin)".

Caller ID never shows up.  I have tried cranking the rxgain up
thinking maybe it was too quiet for Asterisk to detect but that did
not help.  My caller id settings in zapata.conf are:

usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring
signalling=fxs_ks

Is there any existing debug options I can turn on, or do I need to add
some to try and figure out what is going on; or does somebody have an
instant answer for me?

Thanks,
Daniel