[asterisk-users] What do I need to connect landline calls without telephony hardware?

don rhummy donrhummy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 14:14:58 CDT 2009

For some reason, I have been unable to find the answer to this online or in books...

I want to have a "click-to-connect" feature on my website where the user enters their phone number and then my asterisk server calls their phone and my phone and connects the two calls to each other.

All I have are:

1. A Server
2. A DSL connection
3. A Router and DSL Modem
4. A static IP

What do i need to be able to do this? Can I just install asterisk and it will work, or do I have to pay some company for a gateway or something? What do i require beyond the asterisk server?

Thank you for any help you guys can give!

Don