[asterisk-users] Digium fax force T38?

Michael Higgins linux at evolone.org
Mon Apr 27 11:09:05 CDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 00:33:44 +1200
Michael <astml at nettrust.co.nz> wrote:

> I can't with Digium fax, and it always fails at the point it decides
> to switch to T38.

Have you tried dedicating the line to fax only, no "detection"?

I tried using it, but for me it apparently fails the codec switch:

WARNING[3862]: frame.c:214 __ast_smoother_feed: Smoother was working on 4 format frames, now trying to feed 64?
[Apr 14 21:50:46] ERROR[3862]: res_fax.c:910 generic_fax_exec: channel 'DAHDI/1-1' fax session '3' failure, reason: 'Failed to feed the smoother'

But if I just initiate the fax on that channel for whatever comes, it works.

http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=128681#128681

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /