[asterisk-users] Compact, fanless appliance?

Paul Chambers asterisk at lists.bod.org
Sun Apr 26 03:17:22 CDT 2009

Vincent wrote:
> www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+embedded+systems
>
> Thanks Steve. I knew about this list, but I wanted to make sure there
> weren't other, more complete sources about the subject.
>
> So at this point, it seems like it boils down to this:
> Soekris
> PCEngines
> Atcom (IP01: £160+VAT)
> Herologic (HL-463: $259)
> uCpbx (235.00 EUR)
> AstBoxes (168.00 EUR)
> Gumstix
> HP Thinclient t5720
>
> Thank you.

EdgePBX is another option - they offer two, eight and twelve port Astfin
(Asterisk on Blackfin) boxes, similar to those from uCpbx & Atcom. The
FX02 and FX08 have SD slots, the FX12 has a CF slot. None have PCI slots
or USB, just Ethernet.

The FX02 (two port) is $150, plus $25 per module, though any compatible
TDM400-style module will work. I have an FX08 with Digium and NetX86
modules in it. It's been solid for me (just a customer, no connection to
the company).

-- Paul