[asterisk-users] Compact, fanless appliance?

Scott L. Lykens slykens at verimedservices.com
Thu Apr 23 08:12:39 CDT 2009

> So at this point, it seems like it boils down to this:
> Soekris
> PCEngines
> Atcom (IP01: £160+VAT)
> Herologic (HL-463: $259)
> uCpbx (235.00 EUR)
> AstBoxes (168.00 EUR)
> Gumstix
> HP Thinclient t5720

I recently custom built an Intel Atom 330 Mini-ITX based system for a client who then took it by plane out of the country. Including SSD (only moving part in the entire system is a fan on the northbridge) I believe we had $300 in it and that was probably a little high with the components we selected. It is not intended to handle a ton of calls but will suit his small remote office quite nicely. We probably could have built it for $200 if we wanted.

sl