[asterisk-users] Feature request: manager show events

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 09:24:09 CDT 2009

> Hi,
>
> To further improve Asterisk documentation, would approve "manager show
> events" and "manager show event <foo>" commands to be added to CLI ?
> Today, it is possible to list available manager commands but not to list
> available events, AFAIK.
>
> Regards

The problem is that currently, manager events are not registered, any
module is free to launch events and there is no enforcement for the
events to have a clearly defined structure. Work has been done lately
in trying to make the naming of headers and order to be standard, but
there is not programming interface enforcing that behaviour. The
available events can be extracted using grep manager_event in the
asterisk source code, but I agree it would be nice to see more
structure there.

Moy