[asterisk-users] run dialplan when open line

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Wed Apr 22 00:56:22 CDT 2009

2009/4/22 michel freiha <michofr at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
> Does asterisk support the following scenario? I need when a customer who
> own an endpoint registered on asterisk open the line, the asterisk will run
> a specific AGI script inside the endpoint context?

You mean when they pick up the phone it'll automatically run the AGI?
If so, easy to do with dahdi channels using immediate=yes, the s extension
in that channels context would be executed on the phone going offhook, with
other channel types it depends on whether the endport device supports some
way of really automatically opening a channel... Most SIP devices will
generate their own dial tone and at a certain point, based on their local
dialplan, send the dialled string to asterisk to open a channel, if nothing
is dialled, they wouldn't contact the server... That said, their may be some
devices that would allow configuration such that they will automatically
dial a number when going offhook...