[asterisk-users] Zaptel to Dahdi

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Tue Apr 21 13:34:57 CDT 2009

Even if Zaptel is compiled, you can also compile Dahdi because Asterisk
will choose the DAHDI-module... it seems.

So I left Zaptel... and compiled Dahdi (everything went well, I followed
the steps) en then Asterisk again (with dahdi support!!).

Yet another episode in this nightmare :

[root at asterisk jonas]# /sbin/service dahdi reload
Rerunning dahdi_cfg:  Notice: Configuration file
is /etc/dahdi/system.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/dahdi/ctl'

1 error(s) detected

                                                           [FAILED]
[root at asterisk jonas]# /sbin/service dahdi restart
Unloading DAHDI hardware modules: doneLoading DAHDI hardware modules:
FATAL: Error inserting dahdi
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/dahdi/dahdi.ko): Device or resource
busy
  wctdm24xxp:  FATAL: Error inserting wctdm24xxp
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/dahdi/wctdm24xxp/wctdm24xxp.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcfxo:  FATAL: Error inserting wcfxo
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/dahdi/wcfxo.ko): Unknown symbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
                                                           [FAILED]
  wctdm:  FATAL: Error inserting wctdm
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/dahdi/wctdm.ko): Unknown symbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcb4xxp:  FATAL: Error inserting wcb4xxp
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/dahdi/wcb4xxp/wcb4xxp.ko): Unknown
symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
                                                           [FAILED]
  wctc4xxp:  FATAL: Error inserting wctc4xxp
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/dahdi/wctc4xxp/wctc4xxp.ko): Unknown
symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
                                                           [FAILED]

Error: missing /dev/dahdi!

I think the reason there is no /dev/dahdi is because I did not yet
edited /etc/dahdi/system.conf

/etc/dahdi/system.conf states :

"Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Tue Apr 21 20:23:17 2009 --
do not hand edit"

I would put here the following :
fxsks=1-3
loadzone=be
defaultzone=be

But like it says : no manual editing.

So I want to run /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf.

But when I do that... nothing happens...

Voipinfo.org states :

/etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters
Fine--tuning parameters for dahdi_genconf (replaces zapconf and also
deprecates genzaptelconf).

But check this :

[root at asterisk dahdi]# ls /etc/dahdi/
init.conf  modules  system.conf  system.conf.bak

NO such file !

With Zaptel, I had a working kernel-module that recognized my
hardware... but no zapata.conf.

Now that I've compiled DAHDI, I'm again missing some files.

Can someone please give some advice.

Thanks in advance...

Greetingz,
Jonas.