[asterisk-users] Asterisk Database

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Apr 21 11:38:45 CDT 2009

"Sriram" <d_r_sriram at hotmail.com> writes:

> 1. I need to store the CallerId of the PSTN caller with his language
> preference so that next time he is played the prompt in his language that
> he chose the first time.What would be better - storing his number in the
> Asterisk DB and using Dbput and DBget ? or storing it in MySQL from the
> dial plan and quering it everytime to see the callers record ? how many
> records can AstDB handle safely ? In my case the total records wont exceed
> 20,000 since there are many repeat callers ?

Asterisk DB is either an SQLite database or a Berkeley database, I
forget which (did it change?). Either way, 20,000 should be a problem
for the underlying database.

I'd still go for the "real" database (using Postgres, but I guess you
can use MySQL if you feel like it), probably using func_ODBC. With
Asterisk DB you have to go through Asterisk to view or change contents
of the database; a real database makes management easier.

/Benny