[asterisk-users] T38modem in loopback mode does not work on asterisk 1.4.20.1

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Fri Apr 17 04:39:53 CDT 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009, Atis Lezdins wrote:
> I tried T38modem, it works nicely in local setups, but I never got it
> working with our SIP provider.
Ok, that basically rules t38modem out, because thos SIP provider
probably use a T/E1 <-> SIP gateway as well.

> As for "stable" Asterisk 1.4, we also do have it, but there's
> CallWeaver on the same machine sending all fax calls to Asterisk 1.4
> in T.38 passthrough (for unified billing and logging).

Could you please describe your setup in more detail? Where does you SIP
provider send FAX calls to? Directly to callweaver or to asterisk 1.4
which forwards it to call weaver? Do you have hylafax in the mix as
well, or does you callweaver instance terminate and originate the FAX
calls itself?

Thanks in advance,
	Florian

--