[asterisk-users] Sequential Ring Groups?

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Thu Apr 16 14:47:37 CDT 2009

Marshall Henderson wrote:
> However, when a fax is complete on
> that modem and another call comes into it, the modem is still in a
> state of 'settling down' from the last call and I'd like to have it
> ring a different channel if possible.

iaxmodem stays busy for 5 seconds after going on-hook and for 5 seconds
after receiving a reset command (ATZ).  In my experience this is plenty
of time to cover the "settling down" such that you won't need to even
consider it.  Just do the normal "hunt group" dialplan approach as
suggested here:

http://iaxmodem.sourceforge.net/faq.php

Thanks,

Lee.