[asterisk-users] Gxp 2000 softkey question

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Tue Apr 14 13:47:01 CDT 2009

I have a function *1 that starts and stops recording in a call. I use a
function so I can use MixMonitor.
It works well, however I would like to make it a little more integrated for
my users. We have GXP 200 hardphones. So far I've been able to configure a
softkey using the speeddial option to dial *1 during a call. I also have
setup another key to monitor the status of recording (on/off) using the BLF
function and the devstate function. (new in 1.6 back ported to 1.4) However
I seem to be unable to combine these functions in to a single key.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+