[asterisk-users] Asterisk-beginner : cannot make phonecalls using Asterisk

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Mon Apr 13 15:39:49 CDT 2009

Hi Tzafrir,

yet with the first test, things get wrong :

asterisk*CLI> logger show channels
Channel                             Type     Status    Configuration
-------                             ----     ------    -------------
/var/log/asterisk/messages          File     Enabled    - Warning Notice
Error
                                    Console  Enabled    - Warning Notice
Error
asterisk*CLI>
asterisk*CLI> originate SIP/210 application playback demo-instruct
[Apr 13 22:33:23] NOTICE[3481]: channel.c:3033 __ast_request_and_dial:
Unable to request channel SIP/210
asterisk*CLI>

Instead of naming the phone BT201, I've named it after its internal
telephone number. For clearity for myself :-).

But when I dial the IP-phone from the CLI, I get the output of above...

Thank for your reply !

Jonas.