[asterisk-users] Asterisk-beginner : cannot make phonecalls using Asterisk (update)

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Mon Apr 13 14:52:23 CDT 2009

Hey there again !

I've changed some things now :

1) IP-phones get there IP from a DHCP

2) sip-accounts simplified :

[root at asterisk asterisk]# cat sip.conf
[general]
context=default
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

[210]
type=friend
context=intern
host=dynamic

[211]
type=friend
context=intern
host=dynamic

3) dial plan simplified :

[root at asterisk asterisk]# cat extensions.conf
[globals]

[default]
include => intern

[intern]
exten => 210,1,Dial(SIP/210)
exten => 211,1,Dial(SIP/211)

The IP-phones are set as DHCP-client...

I reloaded everything on the Asterisk CLI.

I put off the power of the IP-phones and then put them back on.

I still see no register-message on the CLI. This really should happen
now, as they are defined host=dynamic !

What can be going wrong here... Tell me, I'm not writing a wrong
sip.conf or extensions.conf, do I ?

I will now hang my portable on the switch and monitor the network with
wireshark to see if the phones send a SIP-register to the
Asterisk-server...

In the mean time... every feedback on this is very welcome, thanks.

Jonas.