[asterisk-users] Is there documentation explaining res_config_curl?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Apr 13 12:33:12 CDT 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009 11:14:14 am Eric Chamberlain wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2009, at 8:52 AM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> >>
> >> [snip]

> >> We had a buggy odbc driver (a 3rd party closed one) - we went from
> >> 2-3
> >> crashes per day to zero in the last year, running nearly 3M
> >> config_curl
> >> requests per month now ;)
> >>
> >> It's, like, wow man !
> >
> > As an additional note, please see contrib/scripts/dbsep.cgi, which I
> > wrote
> > as a reference implementation for the CGI backend of
> > res_config_curl.  It
> > implements several additional methods to what JMLS is using
> > (basically, for
> > all the methods in trunk), so it may be useful in that regard.
>
> dbsep.cgi looks very helpful, thanks.
>
> Mapping the require function looks to be a challenge.
>
> Is there any way to add additional information to the res_config_curl
> POST request?  We need to authenticate each https request and we'd
> rather not put the username and password in the path info to keep the
> password out of the server logs.

Not to the POST, no, but in 1.6.2 and higher, you can use the CURLOPT function
in the [globals] section of extensions.conf to set an HTTP header containing
the authentication username and password:

[globals]
CURLOPT(userpwd)=username:password

Note that you may need to preload pbx_config.so and func_curl.so prior to
res_config_curl.so in order for these settings to be in place for the realtime
load at startup.

--
Tilghman