[asterisk-users] Is there documentation explaining res_config_curl?

Eric Chamberlain eric at rf.com
Mon Apr 13 11:14:14 CDT 2009

On Apr 13, 2009, at 8:52 AM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> On Sunday 12 April 2009 02:34:10 am Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>> Eric Chamberlain wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> Thank you, that bug does have useful information.
>>>
>>> We are working on moving from res_config_odbc to res_config_curl, so
>>> all asterisk requests go through our django backend, rather than
>>> django and asterisk sharing database tables.
>>
>> We had a buggy odbc driver (a 3rd party closed one) - we went from
>> 2-3
>> crashes per day to zero in the last year, running nearly 3M
>> config_curl
>> requests per month now ;)
>>
>> It's, like, wow man !
>
> As an additional note, please see contrib/scripts/dbsep.cgi, which I
> wrote
> as a reference implementation for the CGI backend of
> res_config_curl.  It
> implements several additional methods to what JMLS is using
> (basically, for
> all the methods in trunk), so it may be useful in that regard.

dbsep.cgi looks very helpful, thanks.

Mapping the require function looks to be a challenge.

Is there any way to add additional information to the res_config_curl
POST request?  We need to authenticate each https request and we'd
rather not put the username and password in the path info to keep the
password out of the server logs.