[asterisk-users] IVR Survey

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Fri Apr 10 12:02:10 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 11:04 -0500, James A. Shigley wrote:
> But I’m clueless as to how to combined the recordings into one file. I
> don’t want the questions in the recordings, Only the caller’s side of
> the conversation without the dead space while they listen to the
> Qs/Think on their response.

I'd use the Monitor() application to record the conversation (it records
both inbound and outbound audio, but you'll just throw the one away).
You can then use the PauseMonitor() application to pause the recording
before playing a prompt, and UnPauseMonitor() to start the recording
again after the prompt.

> And since this isn’t a vmail account and trying to avoid an AGI script
> if possible I’m not sure how to email the recording(s).  I also want
> to be able to structure the body of the email so that it reads
> something like

If you don't want to use AGI to do this, you're pretty much limited to
using the System() application and finding a way to send your email from
the system command line.  Not impossible by any stretch of the
imagination... it just takes a bit more work.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager