[asterisk-users] IVR Survey

James A. Shigley jas at answeringserv.com
Fri Apr 10 11:04:00 CDT 2009

Alright I know how to do basic IVR in *. But what I'm working on trying
to do now is a survey. I've found very little things out there on google
or the archives for how to do surveys with the * ivr.

Here is more or less what I'm trying to accomplish

1.       Call comes in Plays Greeting

2.       Starts Survey

3.       Ask Q1, Record the answer (voice responses) repeat this step
for each Question

4.       Combined the recorded responses into one file.

5.       Email Combined Audio Fi

I know how to structure the IVR

1 answer

2.  Play greeting

3. Play Question 1

3. Record Response

4. Play Q2

5. Record Response

Ect ect

But I'm clueless as to how to combined the recordings into one file. I
don't want the questions in the recordings, Only the caller's side of
the conversation without the dead space while they listen to the
Qs/Think on their response.

And since this isn't a vmail account and trying to avoid an AGI script
if possible I'm not sure how to email the recording(s).  I also want to
be able to structure the body of the email so that it reads something
like

You have a new call from $CallerID - "$CallerName" on 'DateTime' ...
ect, ect.

James Shigley

Monroe Telephone Answering Service

409-981-9213

Infinity 5.5,UC 4.02.3803, Blink 3.0.104

Ecreator:2.21, eResponse 1.1.7

Webportal,WebApps,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, contains
information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately by "reply to sender only" message and destroy all
electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
-- Albert Einstein

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that
is something,wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." -- Albert Einstein

"I know a little of everything, but a lot of nothing"