[asterisk-users] __ast_read: ast_read() called with no recorded file descriptor

Greg Kennedy gregkennedy at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:58:30 CDT 2009

All,

Im having a problem with ReceiveFax where its generating a ton of these messages the entire time the receivefax app is running receiving my fax.

[Apr  7 22:16:06] ERROR[26918]: channel.c:2520 __ast_read: ast_read() called with no recorded file descriptor.

Im running on Centos 5.2 with all patches.

asterisk-1.6.0.9
asterisk-addons-1.6.0.1
dahdi-linux-2.1.0.4
dahdi-tools-2.1.0.2
libpri-1.4.9
spandsp-0.0.5pre4

The receivefax app works perfectly, ie i am able to receive the faxes, and what not, but these messages are filling up my logs. Any ideas what is causing them. I know i saw a message like 2-3 weeks ago about it, but that guy was having e1 problems as well. This is a pure sip environment at the moment.

Any pointers would be appreciated.