[asterisk-users] Sangoma and BT single lines

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Apr 8 09:14:08 CDT 2009

Steve Davies wrote:
> 2009/4/6 Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com>:
>

> We have found that using "Residential" settings as a starting point,and then asking for "Disconnect clear time" to be set to 800ms is all that is needed. That one setting allows the hangup to be detected reliably. We do also use the dialtone detection of Asterisk to be sure
> we're dialling on a line that is ready to take a call.

When was this added to Asterisk??
For years now, outbound dialing begun WITHOUT detecting dial tone,
requiring multiple "w" to be inserted in the dial string.
Dial tone detection was/is long overdue.
Anyone know when this was added?
Wading through cryptic change logs makes no mention of addition of this
feature. This should have been put in bold red letters!

Also Sangoma provides really great support for their cards. If all else
fails, consider contacting Sangoma

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot